Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

As a side note --

On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Adam Jack wrote:

> Imagine a form that has a large number of trailing <BR>'s before a TEXT
> (not HIDDEN) input field. Can a browser guarantee that the user has
> scrolled so far down and verified that they wish the data sent?

Of course, such behaviour as expanding multiple <BR> tags to multiple
blank lines is simply wrong.  The above caveat is another practical
argument against it -- yet day after day we continue to work with user
agents that are broken in this fashion.

Ping (Ka-Ping Yee):   3A Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada
kryee@csclub.uwaterloo.ca, St. Paul's College, Waterloo N2L 3G5, 519 725-8008
CWSF 89, 90, 92; LIYSF 90, 91; Shad Valley 92; DOE 93; IMO 91, 93; ACMICPC 94
* Ayukawa Madoka * Hiyama Hikaru * Tendou Akane * Hayakawa Moemi * Amano Ai *
<http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/kryee/>   Yeah, i finally made a home page.