Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

At 07:56 PM 23-02-96 +1100, Robert Hazeltine wrote:

>This is the most pernicious piece of crap that I have seen in a long time.
>We fought long and hard in Australia to get rid of the Australia Card and
>this is a permutation of the same theme.
>
>If you are naive enough not to see the implications of this, move over and
>let others overtake.  If you have any thoughts on your Congress's DCA,
>then think again because this is worse by a factor of 100.

I think perhaps you have misread or misunderstood what is being proposed
here. This system is a totally different kettle of fish to the Australia
card, is based on consent and will only automate the inputting of
information which people are already providing manually.

The issues of privacy depend on what questions users will accept companies
asking, and the uses which users will allow companies to put that
information, not on the mechanisms used to provide such information.

Finally, is there any need to resort to personal insult of people who have
proven their skill and understanding? From someone I have never heard of
before it only lowers my estimation of you, not them.

Derek
---
Derek Harding
Online Production Manager