Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Robert Hazeltine wrote:

> This is the most pernicious piece of crap that I have seen in a long time.
> We fought long and hard in Australia to get rid of the Australia Card and
> this is a permutation of the same theme.

Actually, it's not. As I understand it, this would only be used to help
fill out forms. This just means that default values would be inserted into
the fields. The server would have no way of knowing those values until and
unless the user hits the "Submit" button (we may want to specifically
dissalow type=hidden forms, I suppose), after being able to check and see
that he/she really wants to tell the server the information.