Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

At 1:55p 02/23/96, Robert Hazeltine wrote:

>Then on the other hand, maybe we just do not need all those systems and
>data analysts or computers are already imbrued with ai (and I just don't
>know about it yet) or I am prepared to allow someone to suck in more
>information about me off the Internet than is good for my privacy.  I am
>a fairly consistent user of the Internet, and I have *not once* felt the
>urge to use an application that automatically gave someone information
>about myself (not even my data or birth or my great grandmother's maiden
>name).

Well, presumably any UA supporting this would also have a set of
preferences such as the following:

 .-- Automatic Form Entries ---------------------.
 | [X] Name                                      |
 |     ( ) First name only                       |
 |     (*) Full name                             |
 | [X] Email address                             |
 | [ ] Date of birth [..] [..] [..]              |

-Walter