Re: Auto fill for form fields

>At 09:55 PM 2/13/96 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>this is already done in some places..
>>
>>at www.tripod.com, when i go to the members' page, it already has my email
>>address in the field..this is supplied by netscape..
>
>Not for me.  What version of Netscape are you using?
>David Ornstein

macintosh 2.0 beta 5

even though i am a member at tripod, and you have to log in before you can
go to the member areas, this was before i had even logged in..the only way
it could have had my email address is if netscape had sent it..

and looking up the email address, it found where i had entered my real
name, address, phone number, etc in their database, and listed them..

i looked for the page last night but couldn't find it..i've asked the
people at tripod for some info on how it's done..

netscape also sends your email address as your password on anonymous ftp
logins..

GeoffryN

---
Chris (no, really Geoff Narvronsen)