Re: Conformance ratings

At 9:30p 02/12/96, Mike Meyer wrote:

>I recommend to my clients that they leave them off HTML 2 documents, and
>use them for documents that need extensions. That the publication
>system I put wrote for them enforces the latter helps. They have no
>problems with getting the right DOCTYPE on documents.

The right DOCTYPE, huh? There is absolutely NO dependable documentation
anywhere as to just what the "right" DOCTYPE is. Seems to change
frequently, rendering any attempt to use it futile. If you know more about
DOCTYPEs than anyone who has posted pages at www.w3.org, then it is time
for you to tell Planet Earth about your special knowledge!!! We mere
mortals know nothing of such things, and do not know where to turn. If you,
Mike, are the one person with the answers, please make sure we have all
learned your secrets, okay?

thanks,
-Walter