Re: Interlaced transparent gifs: print out problems

On Feb 8,  5:48pm, Peter Edwards wrote:

> Is there a way to ensure that interlaced transparent gifs
> print out properly on the first load?
>       -- sometimes a gray background appears
>       -- sometimes the interlacing seems to distort, yet it prints out fine
>          after scrolling off the screen, then back on.

These are supposedly a Netscape client "feature".  When Netscape is running low
on memory, it decides not to make the transparent colors transparent to save
memory.  See http://www.dsiegel.com/tips/wonk5/single.html for more info.

BTW, http://www.dsiegel.com/ has lots of neat, if blasphemous, tips and tricks
about Web design.  Check out "Web Wonk".

>       -- what about the </IMG> tag? Must one close an image tag?

Dunno on this one.  Probably good form to do so.

Brian

--
  d  a  t  a  b  a  s  e  s     a  r  e    i  n    o  u  r   g  e  n  e  s
  Brian Karlak                 bkarlak@panbio.com          (510) 337-7910 ph