Re: wherefore CGM?

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, David Perrell wrote:

> Yes. Download quickly. A simple logo that is 1.5k as a CGM file is 24k
> as an EPS.
>
> I don't know how big the file would be as Apple 3DMF. On Apple's site a
> file named '3 simple shapes' is 102k.

What happens if you gzip the files?  And is that a binary or text
CGM file?

(E-scape will handle gziped files just as easily as non-gziped files,
except that less bandwidth will be required at the expense of processing
power.)

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
"...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  -- Mathew 9:13