Re: Netscape says CSS1 and Unicode support to be in NS 4.0

Dave Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Chris Lilley wrote:
>
> > David Perrell wrote:

> How will this work across platforms??? Surely font formats for different
> platforms are completely different?? Or will they be generated by
> something like TeX Metafont?

Yes, bitmap font formats are usually completely different on different
platforms, however there are a few outline formats - TrueType, Type 1,
and OpenType - which are *reasonably* cross-platform. Hopefully source
code for renderers is going to be given away as part of the
standardising deal.

Chris