Re: Job Outlook

On Sat, 27 May 1995, Dai Kornberg wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> If I am not a well-rounded computer programmer per se, but getting rather
> fluent in designing and composing Hypertext Markup Language Web pages,
> my question is this: Are there jobs out there in the real world for graphic
> artists/journalists who are fluent in HTML, HTML+, etc.?
>
> (I suspect I may not be the only subscriber with this question.)
>
> --
> Dai Kornberg
> ae571@lafn.org

You betcha.  My development company, HomePage Associates, works with
folks like you as subcontractors (in the Seattle area).  I'm not sure
about other markets, but there are quite a few companies in Seattle and
other high-tech centers who are looking for such talent.  Obviously, the
more skills you have, the more marketable you are -- in a place like
Seattle, it would help to know a lot of graphics software (e.g. 3-D
graphics), as well as potentially other stuff like Adobe Acrobat's pdf
format etc.

Yours,

Steve Habib Rose