Re: HTML to TEXT

Willy Lehotz

On Tue, 16 May 1995, Jean Claude Babin wrote:

> I am not a veteran in the WWW but I feel that I can find most of what I need.
> Except when it comes to find a way to convert HTML to text.
>
> Example: I want to save a HTML file on my computer and incorporate it to another
> document for a presentation or whatever. I need a way to get rid of all
> the formatting codes. HOW?
>
> I have been trying to find out and I just can't. Can someone help me please.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jean-Claude

Hello...
In NCSA Mosaic there is an option to save the document<HTML> as a text file.
Under the drop down File menu, select "Save as text" and simply name the
file as you wish.

There are HTM WRITER programs that allow you to save as text. Also you
can remove the codes from the HTML.
Http://lal.cs.byu.edu/people/nosack/ = HTML Writer by Nosack.

Last but not least you can save the HTML to your system/PC and use a text
editor to manually remove the codes.