Re: XHTML Test Suite Minimal document

Karl Dubost wrote:

> At 16:18 -0600 11/12/00, Shane P. McCarron wrote:
> >  > <!DOCTYPE html
> >>        PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
> >>       "DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
> >This should be an absolute URI reference.
>
> You're right Shane, you're right... :)
>
> >  > Comments.
> >
> >I have the assertions for all of the HTML 3.2 / 4.0 stuff already
> >written.  The Open Group owns the 3.2 stuff, but will offer up the
> >assertions to us for the project.  That just leaves us needing a test
>
> What do you mean exaclty by assertions.

As assertion is a active voice, present tense, minimal boolean statement
that evaluates to true when an implementation adheres to the behavior
specified.  An example might be "The implementation shall accept
documents that have neither a BODY start nor a BODY end tag."  This is
an HTML 3.2 assertion.

> >framework.  What I think we should do is use a test framework that
> >allows the creation of user accounts, tracks results, etc. ApTest has
> >such a tool that we offer commercially.  My current strategy is to
> >attempt to get this tool made available for this project's use hosted
> >either on an ApTest system or at the W3C.
>
> I will look at your tools. Is there any demo online?

My tools are not up for demo.  You could look at The Open Group's tools
as an example, although it is several years old.  The URL is
http://www.opengroup.org/vsnetcom/

You need to create a new account, then you can create test sessions for
various functionality.

--
Shane P. McCarron                  phone: +1 763 786-8160
ApTest                               fax: +1 763 786-8180