Re: XHTML 1.2?

Hello,

Le 5 août 06 à 17:30, Dave Hodder a écrit :

> I believe it would be beneficial to create at least one more
> version of XHTML 1.x to (i) help ease the transition from XHTML 1.0
> to XHTML 2.0

good idea. Help for transition is what XHTML 2.0 needs the most.
Below, if I do not quoted a part, it is either because I'm OK, or
don't have any idea on the question.

>   * No longer mark the Style Attribute Module as deprecated.

why? It appears to me as a kind of regression

>   * Add a module for the lang attribute, as found in XHTML 1.0.  (This
>     would be in addition to the existing xml:lang attribute.)

err. Basically undoing one of XHTML 1.1 thing. It would be better to
find a way for xml:lang to be used with CSS.

>   * Add the XHTML Target Module, but with a warning noting that misuse
>     of both @target and frames can cause accessibility issues.

A quick remainder of its uses, please?

>   * Add @xml:id (in addition to the existing id attribute).  It
> wouldn't
>     do any harm, though user agents accepting contents as "text/html"
>     shouldn't be expected to do anything with it.

Could you elaborate on the reasons for doing this?

--
</david_latapie>
http://blog.empyree.org/   U+0F00