Re: Modularization of XHTMLT 1.0 - Second Edition W3C Working Draft 18 February 2004. Blockquote Error

Hello,

Thanks for your comments, and apologies for my very late reply.

John Bentley wrote:

> In Modularization of XHTMLT 1.0 - Second Edition  W3C Working Draft 18
> February 2004.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml-modularization-20040218/abstract_modules.
> html#s_textmodule
>
> Section 5.2.2 Text Module, Shouldn't the Minimal Content Model for the
> blockquote element allow PCData.

No, the Minimal Content Model defines the content model
that all XHTML Family document types MUST minimally accept,
and not all XHTML Family document types accept PCDATA
directly inside the blockquote.

> In other words, shouldn't
>     Blah, blah
>
> be legal?

If you want to allow this, you need to extend the content model.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium