Re: textarea and xml:space (PR#6300) (was: Re: Posted PaceTextRules)

* Tim Bray wrote:
>>> Currently, the draft says *nothing* about xml:space (unless I'm
>>> mis-using the search function).  If you read the specification for
>>> xml:space (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-white-space), all it says
>>> is that this is a message from the author to downstream software.  So
>>> there is nothing anywhere that says anything normative about
>>> xml:space.
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#xmlspace cites a quite
>> different opinion on this matter...
>
>Yes, well that opinion is (a) specific to HTML and (b) wrong.  I'm
>amazed that the W3C allowed that to be published.  -Tim

(Redirecting to the relevant mailing lists, etc)

I thought so, too:

  http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues/Modularization-DTDs?id=6300#followup2

Maybe the HTML Working Group can reconsider this position in the light
of Tim's disagreement?