Re: WD-xhtml2-20050527: img element not required

Laurens Holst wrote:
> I think XHTML 2.0 should allow alt="..." as an alternative to enclosed
> alternate text. It could be used until content inside an element is
> sufficiently supported by all major browsers.

I think that would mean that you take the ugly bits of HTML 4.01 forward
into XHTML 2.0. IMG was supposed to be replaced by OBJECT back then as
IMG is not really backwards compatible. Browsers have to recognize the
element in order to view its fallback content.

Having IMG at all in XHTML 2.0 strikes me as odd and I wonder what kind
of consensus was agreed upon to include it...

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>