Re: Question about XHTML

"feo" <ulalah@terra.es> wrote:

> I read the XHTML specification, and decided to translate a HTML project to XHTML. Once made all the changes required for this purpose, I put in the document code the label <!DOCTYPE> for the XHTML specification, and no matter whether I use strict DTD or transitional, the page layout gets disarranged, not obeying strictly the corresponding CSS, but I've found a way for using a DTD specification and a correct layout:
>
> <!--
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> -->
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
>
> I think this a strange behavior. Isn't it?

More information about which user agent behaved that way, and what's
exactly the layout problem (with relevant XHTML/CSS source), could help
diagnose the problem.

In any case, this is unlikely to be the problem of the XHTML specification
per se, so you'd better ask question in other fora, such as relevant
(X)HTML or CSS newsgroups/mailing lists.

Although it may not be directly relevant, the following article may
be interesting to you.

   http://www.w3.org/International/articles/serving-xhtml/#quirks

Regards,
--