Re: XHTML 1.0 specification

Lisa Hallingström wrote:

> I read through the XHTML 1.0 Transitional DTD, and found this:
>
>>The width attribute specifies the width of the columns, e.g.
>>
>>    width=64        width in screen pixels
>>    width=0.5*      relative width of 0.5
>
> As I understood it, attribute values need to be quoted. Is this a
> simple typo, or did I miss something?

It probably was a typo. As you've understood it, attribute values must
be quoted in XHTML1.0 (XML1.0 sec. 2.3, production 10).

Remember that comments in DTDs aren't to be taken normatively. But
given the fact that other comments contain quoted attribute values, it
does seem a bit odd, doesn't it?

--
Jock