From: lupin
To: secprog@securityfocus.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:32 AM
Subject: Source code audit tool

Hi,

I looking for a source code auditing tool in order to find vulnerabilities
in WEB applications as early as possible in the developement cycle.

I would like to scan some JSP/servelts WEB application developped within
WebSphere.

My questions are:

- Can we find some security vulnerabilty with a source code audit of java
code? (Like for c/c++)

- If yes, Is there a tool in order to do that automaticly?

I've found the following applications:
- Sanctum AppScan
- SPI Dynamics WebInspect
- Kavado Scando
- OWASP Webscarab (open source)

Yes, they check the WEB application overall security but not directly in the
source code!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Marc