Re: Comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-m12n-schema/ (M12N of XHTML (PR#6297)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.  Answering to your second point:

Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com wrote:

> 2. XHTML Schema Driver for XHTML Basic
>
> May I kindly request that you also add an XHTML Schema Driver for XHTML Basic?
> I know that XML Schema is considered to be somewhat "heavy-weight" and
> therefor not appropriate for all fields XHTML Basic is used at.
>
> But for instance, we use XHTML Basic as document authoring language,
> transforming it using XSLT into XHTML 1.1.
> Being able to use XHTML Schema with XHTML Basic would greatly enhance our
> work, I think.

Yes, we do plan to provide a driver for XHTML Basic (and XHTML 1.1),
as indicated in our roadmap:

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml-roadmap/#schedule

We thought it would be better to finalize modularization first, as
the way to modularize schemas would affect the composition of driver
schema.  Once we have stable modules, writing up a driver would be
a trivial work.  We have received a lot of useful feedback for
Modularization of XHTML in XML Schema Last Call Working Draft, and
we are updating the Modularization in Schema document to reflect
those comments.  When we are done, drivers for XHTML Basic and XHTML 1.1
will also be published, probably in a separate document.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium