Re: suggested modification to 3.1.1, XHTML 1.0

Steven Champeon <schampeo@hesketh.com> wrote:

> > Thanks for your suggestion.  See XHTML 1.0 Second Edition, section 3.1.1:
> >
> >     http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xhtml1-20011004/#strict
> >
> > It's already on the way.  We hope to publish the final version
> > Real Soon Now.
>
> Ah, very good - will the change also be added to the errata for the
> previous version, or the previous version updated as well?

Actually the errata page for the previous version already points to
the Second Edition, and provide a link to the diff-marked version
to see changes between the first and second editions.

    http://www.w3.org/2000/01/REC-xhtml1-20000126-errata

Once the Second Edition becomes a Recommendation, the URI

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

will point to the Second Edition, just like XML 1.0 Second Edition.
The Second Edition will become the latest version of XHTML 1.0, and
the  previous version will be effectively superseded by the Second
Edition.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org