Re: Error (?) in xhtml-arch-1.mod

Gary Bentley <gb@opengroup.org> wrote:

> So this has been identified, do you know of a timeframe when this fix would
> be rolled back into the base DTD?

Honestly I'm not quite sure yet.  As a process, we are not allowed to
change any bits in the specification once it is published under
<http://www.w3.org/TR/>.  We could issue an erratum, but for DTDs
that won't really help, so in order to fix this problem, we have to
(re)publish the specification as the second edition or something.
Now the HTML Working Group is working on XHTML 1.0 Second Edition
and several other specifications, so those are in a queue but not
the top priority at the moment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
--