From: Gary Bentley <gb@opengroup.org>
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:40:54 +0000
Subject: Error (?) in xhtml-arch-1.mod

Hi,

When trying to access the XHTML DTD:

	http://www.w3c.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd

the XML parser I am using eventually spits back an error saying that the
Processing Instruction cannot contain the character ":".  The error cropped
up in:

	http://www.w3c.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-arch-1.mod

I used JDOM 7 and Xerces 1.2.3 for the XML parsing.  The full error message
is below:

"The target "IS10744:arch" is not legal for JDOM/XML Processing Instructions:
Processing instruction targets cannot contain colons."

I then tried the same with the Openwave SDK version 5.1 and got a similar
error:

"Entity, EntityRef, PI, Notation names, or NMToken cannot contain a
colon. Line 36, Position 16

<?IS10744:arch xhtml"

Is this really an error in the DTD, if so is there an eta on when it
would/could be fixed?  If it's not an error, then does this mean that the
parsers are at fault?

Many thanks,

Gary