Re: HTML 4.0 Errata Item #12

Hello,

Let me know if this works: click with the right mouse button on the
PDF link and save the file to hard disk. See whether NN tries to
unzip the file on the fly. If not, use winzip to unzip it.

I hope this helps,

 _ Ian

"Brim, Bobby (R.L.)" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Contrary to the statement that "There is not problem..", there actually is.
> I don't doubt that there is nothing wrong with the file itself, but I am
> still unable to download it.  In my case, I'm attempting to download the PDF
> file with Netscape v4.7 on my Dell PC running Win98 (don't recall the rev.).
> Each time I click on the link to download the file, Netscape seems to load
> something - it's actually reloading the current page, because if I hit the
> Back button, it reloads again once.
>
> Although I have successfully downloaded the HTML zip file, that's not the
> version I'm interested in.  I prefer using Acrobat for off-line document
> perusal - it's got some advantages built into the app that HTML pages have
> to build into the documents and nobody takes the time to, nor is it worth it
> to them.
>
> I've tried several things to attempt to bypass the problem - changing
> Applications Prefs, etc. - but nothing worked.  When I read your errata
> page, I initially was hopeful that all I needed to do was find the file on
> my hard drive and rename it.  However, the file was not on my hard drive.
>
> I wanted to bring this to your attention.  Although I realize that this is
> probably a Netscape problem, you still need to be aware that it is
> nonetheless quite real and not a figment of someone's imagination.  Just
> because the file's fine at your end, there still is a problem somewhere.
>
> Thanks for your valuable time,
>
> Bobby Brim
>
> > Bobby Brim
> > RCT Admin. - KCAP, PVT
> > 816-459-1744 (8+4591744) voice
> > 816-459-1728 fax
> > rbrim@ford.com

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783