Re: [REC] pdf and postscript version

Karl Dubost wrote:

> At 11:32 -0400 18/04/2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >As to how we create different formats for the HTML Recommendation:
> >we use html2ps and then ps2pdf, both of which run on Linux.
> >
> >html2ps is available at  http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html.
>
> >I hope this answers your question,
>
>         Many thanks. It's what I want to know.
>
> Is there a possibility to do in a near future a DTD for the
> Recommandation and to write in xml the REC. It will be easier to push
> PDF or Postscript or whatever format after that.

Many Working Groups (e.g., DOM, various XML Working Groups)
are already using an XML DTD, but this has not be formalized
as a W3C requirement. I confess that I have not investigated
closely the DTD and the tools used for manipulating documents.
Discussions of this DTD and other specification production
tools takes place on spec-prod@w3.org, archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/

 _ Ian

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Karl Dubost - http://www.la-grange.net/
> Près de vous, madame, oubliant les cieux,
> L'astronome étonné se trouble;
> C'est dans l'éclat caressant de vos yeux,
> Qu'il avait cru trouver l'étoile double.

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783