Re: I belive there is an error in http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/

Christian Frier wrote:

> Hi
>
> I belive that there is an error in http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/
>
> I couldn't get the meta-tag refresh to work...
>
> In <URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4>  there
> is an example where it says that: <META http-equiv="refresh"
> content="3,http://www.acme.com/intro.html"> should work, but it didn't
> until i changed it to: <META http-equiv="refresh"
> content="3,url=http://www.acme.com/intro.html">
>
> I tried both IE50 and netscape 4.6.

Hello,

1) This is not part of HTML 4.0 and has been removed
   from the latest version of the specification. The example
   you point to is a usage of META that is implemented by
   some browsers although it is not standard in HTML.

2) The syntax that appears in the example is not what
   browsers implement as you discovered.

I'm sorry for the confusion. As I mentioned, this
has been removed from subsequent drafts.

 -Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783