Re: Fw: HTML 4.0 Specification Errata

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Barak wrote:

> I emailed the query below a little over two weeks ago and posted
> it to the www-html mailing list. So far, I've had no reply from
> any of the editors, nor do I see any response in the mailing
> list. A similar query was sent earlier to www-html-editor@w3.org
> but received only an automated reply. Checking today, the errata
> page at
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html40-updates/REC-html40-19980424-errata.html
> shows no changes.
>
> Am I sending my queries to the wrong editors? Should I have
> posted to a different mailing list? I'm new to most of this and
> any advice to can offer will be much appreciated.

I'm sorry we have taken so long to get back to you. W3C is short
staffed and its hard to provide timely responses in every case.

Your feedback on the frames section of the document is most helpful
as we are currently preparing a revision to the HTML4.0 spec to
deal with a number of errata issues.

BTW The HTML 4.0 transitional dtd defines the noframes element as
having just the %attrs; attributes. the attributes for the frame and
frameset elements were chosen as ones that work with both IE and NS.
Both browsers support additional features beyond those defined in
HTML 4.0, albeit not in an interoperable way.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)