Re: Contradiction regarding onFocus and onBlur

Karl-Johan Noren wrote:

> There is a contradiction regarding where the onFocus and onBlur attributes may be used in
> the HTML 4.0 specification that have not been fixed in the 19980424 revision.
>
> According to the DTD and to section 12.2 the A element may be given these
> attributes, but in the description of onFocus in section 18.2.3 A is not listed as one of
> the elements where this attribute may be used.
>
> Please clarify this contradiction in the errata.

Thank you for pointing this out. I skimmed through the DTD
and found that AREA should be in the list as well. I will
update the errata sheet with this information.

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org