Dan Connolly: Re: HTML4/WAI

www-html-editor is the alias I was looking for yesterday evening...

------- Forwarded Message

Forwarded: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 09:13:38 +0100
Forwarded: "www-html-editor danc"
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 13:20:37 -0600
From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
To: dd@w3.org
CC: ibjacobs@panix.com, dsr@w3.org, lehors@w3.org, w3t-ui@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4/WAI

[DD, All: please choose between www-html-editor, w3t-ui, and
w3c-html-wg for *all* comments related to the HTML 4 spec.
I hereby disclaim all responsibility for tracking issues not sent
to at least one of those archived forums.

Note that I'm not subscribed to www-html-editor nor w3t-ui,
so if you want me to get the mail real-time (rather than
archived, in which case it's not guaranteed that I'll read it,
and somewhat inconvenient for me to reply)
you'll have to cc: me explicitly.]

Editors: I'm upgrading DD's request that WAI HC Group be
acknowledged to an Instruction From The Chair.

Daniel Dardailler wrote:

> Here's the list (I trust Ian to make good sentences out of that)
>
>  - push of HTML/CSS split (better style support, deprecated presentation)
>  - better FORM support for access key, grouping of elements, active labels.
>  - the OBJECT element which provide real markup for text description
>  - new MAP content model for integrated client-side image link/text
>  - requirement (at the level of the DTD) of the ALT attribute for IMG.
>  - support of the TITLE and LANG attributes to all elements
>  - support for ACRONYM and ABBRV
>  - better media selectable style sheet linkage (tty, braille, etc)
>  - better intelligent TABLE features  (column grouping, caption, scope)
>  - long OPTION list with OPTGROUP
>  - LONGDESC for IMG and FRAME
>
> Last request, that the WAI HTML Review task force (or working group)
> be acknowledged in the section 1.3.
>
> We could change
>
>   A particular thanks to T.V. Raman (Adobe) for his work on
>   improving the accessibility of HTML forms for people with disabilities.
>
> in
>
>   A particular thanks to the Web Accessibility Initiative task force
>   (WAI HC group) for their work on improving the accessibility of HTML
>   and to T.V. Raman (Adobe) for his early work on accessible forms.

- --
Dan Connolly, W3C HTML Working Group Chair
http://www.w3.org/Team/connolly
tel://1/512/310-2971 (office)

------- End of Forwarded Message