Re: version information: draft, internal decl subset

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Please strike the two notes in
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/9710/WD-html40-971024/struct/global.html#h-8.2
>
> "Experience suggests that these terms were ineffective so they are not
> being
>      proposed for HTML 4.0. "
>
> The were ineffective because we used them slopilly: we
> issued a spec that gave plain "HTML 3.2" *before* we
> started issues specs that said "HTML 3.2 draft".
>
> The bell was already struck.

Removed.

> "We recommend that authors avoid using the DTD subset due to the lack of
>      widespread support for this feature. "
>
> In fact, we require that. Strike the note and change
> "should" to "must" in:
>
> "so authors should include one of the following..."

Done. The corresponding section was removed from
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/9710/WD-html40-971024/appendix/notes.html#sgmlfeatures
and the illegal example placed here.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814