Re: Radio-button bug (was: The better browser)

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:53:14 GMT, "Alan J. Flavell"
<flavell@mail.cern.ch> wrote:

[CC'd to www-html-editor@w3.org]

>Hmmm, I've just noticed that HTML4.0 draft explicitly confines the
>CHECKED attribute for use on a radio button, whereas HTML3.2 explicitly
>states that CHECKED can also be used to set the initial state of a
>CHECKBOX. Do you suppose that was deliberate, or an accident of
>drafting?

I'd say it's an accident.  The DTD includes the following for INPUT's
attributes [1]:

checked   (checked)    #IMPLIED  -- for radio buttons and check boxes
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40/interact/forms.html

Liam Quinn
===============  http://www.htmlhelp.com/%7Eliam/  ===============