From:   Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
To:     "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
Date:   04/14/2011 09:03 AM
Subject:        normalizedString/input and string/textarea?
Sent by:        www-forms-request@w3.org

Hello,

I'm still perplex about the differences between core forms input controls.

More specifically, if I want to edit an instance according to types, I
would consider that xsd:string is not correct for xf:input but for
xf:textarea.

It is obvious that the carriage return, line feed and tab characters
cannot be entered using xf:input but xf:textarea.

So, why isn't xsd:normalizedString the default type for xf:input?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms