Re: data export for subsequent transformation to csv

On 13/08/2010, Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi René,
>
> If you put a ref attribute on a control and it doesn't show up in the
> form, then the odds are the xpath expression you used was incorrect.
> Binding a form control to a non-existent node implies that the control
> is not relevant and the default behavior in the Firefox xforms processor
> is to hide non-relevant controls.  Please try the example that Leigh
> posted.  It works fine for me in Firefox 3.6.8 using the mozilla xforms
> extension v0.8.7.

The example created by Leigh works, when I used another computer with
firefox 20018; thank you.

I have been reading mainly the xforms 11 specification and the
documents xforms for authors parts 1 & 2.

A brief explanation of my project: I am trying to create an open
source software version of a modelling and reporting system that uses
m$ access. So far I have converted access tables to postgresql tables.
The intention is to create an xform that the user enters data,
eventually saving as a single xml file. Then the user should sign in
to a web site and submit the xml file to the web server. Data is
processed and the result is that the user is able to produce a report
(e.g. a colourful histogram of energy consumption in an office).

My understanding so far is that transferring xml formatted data to a
postgresql database server is not directly possible and so my next
plan is to use xslt to convert the xml file into csv tables for
subsequent entry to the database.

Thank you for your initial help; onto xslt!