Re: Regarding Test 11.1.u

Hi Erik,

Actually, the current test does test the last of the three cases you
mentioned, that of using & as the default separator.  The first of the two
submissions in the test does not have a separator attribute, and this is
the one invoked by the "separate with ampersand" trigger.

The current test does not test whether explicitly setting the ampersand
also separates with ampersand.  However, the test suite is not a unit test
suite but rather a feature test suite.  The test is sufficient because it
tests the equivalence classes of functionality, i.e. the possible
features, which are implicit separator setting and explicit separator
setting.  It is considered highly unlikely that one could pass the
separator=";" test and not also pass with separator="&" in a
reasonable implementation.

Agreed it would still make a better test to add the extra submission you
are suggesting, there is a finite amount of time for the group to spend,
and I have to make a judgment call here that this is probably not
important enough to put in front of the group, so we'll leave the test
as-is.

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: