Re: Templating/subforms

Erik Bruchez wrote:

> Adam,
>
> Good to hear about your experience. In general, there are a few
> avenues for reuse / componentization:
>
> 1. Basic inclusions, for example with XInclude
> 2. Transformations using a more advanced transformation language like
> XSLT (which can also "include" content with templates or with external
> documents)
> 3. "Real" components, using for example XBL [1]
>
> All of those make sense depending on use cases, and we regularly use
> them in our implementation (with a particular push on XBL at the moment).
>
> -Erik
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xbl/
>
> --
> Orbeon Forms - Web Forms for the Enterprise Done the Right Way
> http://www.orbeon.com/

Interesting.

The only problem I have is that the JAXP Xinclude std implementation
doesn't include the xpointer()/xpath scheme which would be very very
useful but I can live with position (/1/2) etc for now.
Also a pity that it only appears to use dtd id & not XSD/schema.

It does answer a whole slew of requests though.

e.g. we've been looking at Open EHR templates / Archetypes > XForms &
the problems have been around re-use etc (esp wrt OpenEHR datatypes) &
this......has just solved the problems (even if I have to create
a dtd for datatypes etc just so I can use the id lookup).

Adam

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail