Re: sorting and grouping in XForms?

Hi C.M.Sperberg-McQueen,

Sorting is not a core functionality in XForms...

There are an extension spec which has sorting functionality but I'm not
sure how many implementations supports it
(http://www.exforms.org/sorting.html).

It is possible using XForms 1.1 to implement some kind of sorting using
the event function, I have attached an example for that. The example
uses an action called duplicate which you have to rewrite as this action
has been removed from 1.1 (it was in there at some point) and instead
provided by using some hairy attribute mayham on the insert action.The
idea should however be clear enough. Also the xforms-destroy event
should be an xforms-insert action. The example works in the Novell
implementation
(http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/file.php/xforms-explorer/docs/nxsetup.msi),
note that the implementation is no longer maintained.

You can do sorting in javascript if the Document is exposed and
javascript is available in the implementation.

What implementation are you using?

Best regards,
David