Re: XForms - Submission on multiple instances?

Hi Lee,

I'm not with you...are you saying this doesn't work? It should do, and
it's a technique that is used quite a lot.

The other way to do it is to dispatch an event on the successful first
submission, and then listen for that. We often do things like this:

  <xf:model id="mdl">
    <xf:submission id="submission1"
     method="post" action="somepage.cgi"
     ref="instance('instance1')" replace="instance" instance="instance1"

      <xf:dispatch ev:event="xforms-submit-done"
       target="mdl" name="login-complete"
     />
    </xf:submission>

    <xf:action ev:event="login-complete">
    </xf:action>
  </xf:model>

In other words, we tend to map the "submission complete" event to
something at a higher level, like "login complete", "customer
created", "blog deleted", etc.

--
Mark Birbeck
CEO