Re: repeats

Jason wrote:

 >> You don't need any binds at all on the template. You just use it as a
 >> data template.
 >
 > But I think binds SHOULD be used. binds prevent the mess of xpath
 > littering the view, and I think its just good practice to use them.

You can use binds at your leisure, there are just no binds that need
to target anything in the template, and no duplication of binds. Your
initial point was that there would be a mess, a duplication of
binds. I say no, I don't see why that would be. Your binds, if you
want any, are still against your main instance, like in your XForms
1.0 first edition scenario.

 > no - I was talking about a situation where you have a bound node. so
 > when an arbitrary insert occurs any bind in a
 > control/repeat/whatever would break if you insert arbitrary data
 > that doesnt match the bind(extra attributes/whatever) - wouldnt it?
 > perhaps not, maybe this is just a hangover of my experience to date?

The bind identifies some nodes, typically elements, and then applies
some properties to those nodes. If nodes are there, great, if nodes
appear, they will be included when the binds are reevaluated, and if
nodes disappear, they will be removed when those are reevaluated. I
think it works as you would think it should.

-Erik

--
Orbeon Forms - XForms Everywhere
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/