From: public-webapi-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapi-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Doug Schepers
Sent: 30 March 2006 21:03
To: 'Web API WG'
Subject: SVG Liason on DOMFocusIn/Out

This issue seems to have been resolved due to feedback from XForms, but I
wanted to note that this has also been discussed by the SVG WG.

We feel strongly that DOM3 Events must remain backwards-compatible with DOM2
Events in the area of events DOMFocusIn and DOMFocusOut. In particular,
event listeners for those two event names must still work with the same
behavior - in particular, bubbling. Please note that DOMFocusIn/Out is
supported historically in SVG 1.0/1.1, and going forward in JSR226 for
SVG1.2 Tiny.

The WG is concerned that the behavior of "focus/blur", if specified, may
constrain and conflict with the existing focusin/focusout aliased events in
SVG.

Regards-
Doug, on behalf of the SVG WG