From: Lars Oppermann [mailto:lars.oppermann@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:13 AM
To: rbraman@bramantax.com; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: XForms Editor Review

Hi Richard

Richard Braman wrote:
> I have read about the OO effort but when I open my forms with open
> office it doesn't do #!@3 <mailto:#!@3>.  I would rather concentrate
the
> effort in xForms community than in OO (and they can particpate)
because
> the implementation knowledge exists in this community.  Who heads
Xforms
> dev in OO?

I do :)

It is not yet decided, whether in upcomming versions of XForms in OOo
will focus more on the authoring and exporting to XHTML+XForms approach,

or whether we expand more on the OpenDocument+XForms approach.

You seem to be most interested in a solution that gives you
XHTML+XForms. Since OOo is not an XHTML authoring tool, making it a
XHTML+XForms authoring tool is somewhat unlikely. The goal of XForms in
OOo is to introduce rich declarative XML based forms into the world of
office productivity applications. Nevertheless, a good XHTML+XForms
export can also be a part of that.

All the best,
/lars