Re: binds using index()?

Allan Beaufour wrote:

> On 6/1/06, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Same here.
>
> Returning 1 will allow it to work in many cases. But with @startindex
> and/or empty nodesets, form authors will get weird behaviour imho. I
> think I prefer to leave it unsupported / undefined.

I am not sure startindex is worse or makes more sense than 1. If you
have an empty nodeset, as you say, the index should in fact be 0, and
the behavior will be incorrect whether you use 1 across the board or
startindex.

Note that I have yet to hit a use case for startindex != 1, but that's
probably just me?

> But I believe the spec. should mention what to do about it.

Yup.

>> This allows expressions to have a reasonable behavior if evaluated
>> before the UI is constructed.
>
> Whether that's reasonable depends on the eyes looking at it I believe.

Yup again ;-)

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere: