Re: switch & repeat controls

Hi Nicolas,

I don't think switch in a repeat is supported in XForms 1.0 if you read
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xforms-20031014/slice9.html#ui-repeat-ui

You can see that it states that '... A necessary consequence of this is
that XForms 1.0 does not specify the behavior of construct switch within
element repeat.  ...'

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivedesigners.com

www-forms-request@w3.org wrote on 05/31/2006 12:21:17 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a repeat controls who lists data from a xml file. Nodes which are

> browsed by the repeat control contains another node, and I would like to
make
> a switch to hide/show this node (which contains itself other data).
> I tried to
> do with switch and case control, but all the "id" case should be
different,
> with an index by exemple (maybe the repeat index ?), i didn't found any
> examples for this problem, is there a solution ?
>
> structure of my xml file :
> <myFile>
>   <row>
>     <a>data1</a>
>     <node>
>        <b>datanode1</b>
>     </node>
>   </row>
>   <row>
>     <a>data2</a>
>     <node>
>        <b>datanode2</b>
>     </node>
>   </row>
>   <row>
>     <a>data3</a>
>     <node>
>        <b>datanode3</b>
>     </node>
>   </row>
> </myFile>
>
> my repeat control browses the row nodes, displays the "a" data with
input
> control, and i would like to display a "hide/show" control for the
> "node" node.
>
> <xforms:group appearance="minimal">
>    <xforms:repeat nodeset="myFile/row" id="repeatrow"
> appearance="compact">
>       <xforms:input ref="a">
>          <xforms:label>a</xforms:label>
>       </xforms:input>
>       <xforms:switch id="switch1">
>          <xforms:case id="show" selected="false">
>             <xforms:trigger id="hide-button">
>                <xforms:label>Node</xforms:label>
>                <xforms:action>
>                   <xforms:toggle case="hide"/>