RE: Wildcard in the <value> element

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer.  See below.

It is still not really obvious to me.

The text (8.2.3) does not specify this usage, so even if I put an <output>
element in the content of a <value> element, there is nothing that says how
an implementation should handle it.

Also, apparently the <value> element only occurs within an <item> or
<itemset> element.  If I put a form control (output) in the content of a
<value> element within an <item> element, does this mean that the output
form control must be rendered?  I am not saying yes or no, but I think that
such a usage, if really allowed, should have been explicitly specified in
8.2.3, but it's not.

Am I missing something?

By the way, I started looking at XForms for the first time a couple of weeks
ago, and I find it beautiful.  Great job, guys!

Alessandro