Re: Nested <bind>s

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have another question.  What is the purpose and significance of <bind> elements nested within another <bind> element?
>
> The schema allows nested <bind>s.  However, the normative text does not specify what they mean, and there are no examples showing such nested <bind>s.
>
> Alessandro Triglia

Nested binds have been a point of debate for a while.  You can probably
find some of the debate on this very list.  I think that the official
stance for XForms 1.0 is that it isn't necessary to support this to be
1.0 compliant since it hasn't been fully hashed out, yet.  I believe
that some processors do support nested binds by allowing an inner bind
to be relevant to the bind element that contains it.

I thought that this was going to be addressed in 1.1, but I don't see it
there, yet.  Maybe someone from the WG can clarify the status of this
issue.  But in short, don't count on any form that you author with
nested binds to work across the 1.0 processors.

--Aaron