Re: i18n, componentized forms and multiple models

Great.  Thanks for your help, Steven.

Cheers,

ast

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 13:55, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:41:10 +0200, Andrew S. Townley
> <andrew.townley@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
>
> >> A model is meant to represent the abstraction of a single form. If a
> >> form
> >> is using lots of data from different locations, they should be
> >> aggregated
> >> in a single model.
> >
> > I guess because the presentation's model seemed like it should be
> > different than the actual form data's model.  I see your point though.
>
> The reason to be careful is because events are only sent to the model, and
> an update in one model doesn't cause updates in other models. Models are
> fairly insulated from each other, which is why it is good to regard them
> as independent things.
>
> > Unrelated question, but can your technique of using triggers to control
> > the "simple" vs. "complex" views of a form be applied to items as well?
>
> Absolutely. If <select selection="open"> doesn't do it for you, you can
> always add a trigger that opens up an <input> or <textarea> for freeform
> input.
>
> Steven
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.