Re: i18n, componentized forms and multiple models

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 13:28, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:25:37 +0200, Andrew S. Townley
> <andrew.townley@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointer.  I hadn't seen it before, but you're right, it
> > is similar to my problem.  I didn't know enough about XForms to come up
> > with the submission technique, but this still leaves me with the problem
> > of trying to share data across multiple models.
>
> Why are you doing it across models? Put all the instances in one model.
>
> A model is meant to represent the abstraction of a single form. If a form
> is using lots of data from different locations, they should be aggregated
> in a single model.

I guess because the presentation's model seemed like it should be
different than the actual form data's model.  I see your point though.

Unrelated question, but can your technique of using triggers to control
the "simple" vs. "complex" views of a form be applied to items as well?
I'm also trying to solve the "Other" choice problem for select1 lists
that need to capture free-form text.  Again, maybe this is so obvious
I'm missing it.  I'm hoping to use whatever technique I find to also
solve it with select lists as well.  I've been experimenting with the
"open" mode, but I'm not happy with the UI rendering so far, and it
seems beyond the capabilities of CSS to solve.

Thanks again for your help speedy responses! :)  You were right about
Mozilla XForms 0.6.  Updated successfully for me as well.

Cheers,

ast
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.