RE: Newbie question: initial value with external itemset?

Mi Mark,

Sorry, my fault for not being more specific.

The trouble I'm having reconciling the two chunks of code is this:

In the wikibooks-documented best practice, there doesn't seem to an
opportunity to specify an initial value:

  <xf:model>
    <xf:instance xmlns="">
      <MyData>
        <MyXMLSchemaTypeCode/>
      </MyData>
    </xf:instance>
  </xf:model>

  <xf:select1  ref="/MyData/MyXMLSchemaTypeCode">
    <xf:label>Select XML Schema data type: </xf:label>
    <xf:itemset model="XMLSchemaTypeCode" nodeset="/XMLSchemaTypeCode/item">
      <xf:label ref="label"/>
      <xf:value ref="value"/>
    </xf:itemset>
  </xf:select1>

The W3C xforms-for-html-authors page suggests using this method:

<select ref="spring" appearance="minimal">
  <label>Month:</label>
</select>

Thanks for your patience,

Jeff