Re: url params et al

Jason wrote:

> argh -next time I'll read the doco first!
> I'm using Chiba and it already has a way of handling this very much
> along the lines described by Mark. DOH!
> -if you are interested in their resolution its described in the chiba
> cookbook, or the short version in the chiba FAQ
>
> thanks again to all that helped - I'll now be using the chiba specific
> solution just because in this case its very simple and unobtrusive.
>
> "specifiy a parameter on the GET string calling the form. This parameter
> say 'foo' may then be used on the URI-string such as <submission
> action="http://yourhost/{foo}" .../>. The value of 'foo' will be
> substituted for the expression {foo} then. "
Jason,

just a small correction. We've changed the syntax to support both
variables and xpath statements in AVT syntax. So your above statement
must be written:

action="http://yourhost/{$foo}

additionally you can access an instance node via xpath like this

action="http://yourhost/{/foo/bar}"
This will result in

action="http://yourhost/someUrl" provides that the instance node 'bar'
has the value 'someUrl'.

Note: this syntax change occurred after the last release of Chiba Web
(2.0.0rc1) and is currently only available in our CVS HEAD.

Joern