Re: 1.0 errata section 10 (complex type validation clarification)

Howdy all,

Here's the follow up.  Sorry it took me so long to post it.

I talked to two different people who are active in schema.  They both
confirmed that if you have a xsi:type on an element and that element
also has a type defined via schema, then the xsi:type must be derived
from the schema declared type by restriction or extension.  And thus,
for all simple types if the value is valid for the xsi:type then it
would necessarily be valid for the schema declared type.  The only time
this could not be true would be for complex types where the xsi:type
would allow elements, attrs, etc. that weren't in the schema declared type.

--Aaron