Re: Can you toggle from ev:event="xforms-ready" ?

Steven Pemberton wrote:

>> All the examples of toggle & thus case appear to be tied into triggers &
>> I want the switch to be done upon load.
>
> Suck it and see! :-)
>
> OK, to save you the trouble, the answer is yes.
>
> The truth of the matter is that actions can be attached to any element
> that receives an event.
> The xforms-ready event is sent to the model, so you write:
>
>     <xforms:model>
>         <xforms:action ev:event="xforms-ready">
>         </xforms:action>
>     </xforms:model>
>
> See XForms for HTML Authors, Part 2 for an example:
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2006/xforms-for-html-authors-part2.html#Initializing

I think the gist of Stevens's answer is that the spec doesn't say you
can't, and anyway since upon receiving xforms-ready the XForms engine is
entirely initialized, including controls, there is really no reason why
doing anything from xforms-ready shouldn't work.

Now this does not mean that implementations are bug-free ;-) So if you
find a bug in an implementation related to toggle in xforms-ready,
please report it to the appropriate place.

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere:
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/